To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Network Analysis experience required
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Math & Statistics: Requires the ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem; requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analyses
- Data Savvy: Requires experience in integrating and leveraging disparate data sources to inform the development of highly efficient and effective digital programs.
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
- Technical/Software: Requires the ability to understand and work with software tools & packages used by Urban Science
- Project Management: Project management skills strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts, define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress and report schedule variances and scope changes; requires the ability to follow established internal PMO procedures and present project conclusions to management; proficiency with MS Project preferred
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers
- Sales & Business Development: Ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management is required; knowledge and understanding of sales and business development processes is strongly preferred
- Negotiation: Knowledge and understanding of pricing, scope, cost estimates and internal/external impacts is strongly preferred
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills: Requires ability to verbally and in writing communicate complex concepts with ease, present data, statistics or concepts with to both individuals and groups
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years related work experience required (8 years experience preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.