Supports the delivery of client services. Under the guidance of Senior Consultant, uses technical skills to execute high quality data-related projects and assignments in a timely manner.
• Reviews source data to assure formatting consistency with client database
• Participates in implementing databases and analyses
• Performs application coding and testing functions associated with the development of custom client software
• Organizes and develops solutions that meet requested specifications
• Extracts, processes, analyzes and verifies data
• Creates and generates client reports and deliverables
• Documents structured and routine processes
• Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations
• Extracts and manipulates data using Urban Science proprietary software and Microsoft Office products
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to respond to competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to collaborate, possess team orientation, and have dedication to meeting and exceeding the expectations of other team members
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of basic descriptive statistics
• Knowledge of relational database fundamentals
• College level math skills preferred
• Strong commitment to Urban Science VSM 521
• Written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate ideas or information, using proper grammar, spelling and terminology.
• Oral communication skills necessary to express ideas clearly to others, preferably in English and the local area language
• Problem solving skills including the ability to identify issues or problems and to remember details
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must possess a combination of education and experience as follows:
• Must hold a baccalaureate degree in engineering, applied math, computer engineering, applied science, MIS or other technical degree, from an accredited U.S. college, university or equivalent foreign institution. May accept a business degree or other non-technical degree with demonstrated analytical and mathematical problem solving skills.
• Other technical degrees may be considered if complemented by demonstrated interest and ability to apply scientific knowledge to solve practical business problems and proficiency in quantitative analysis
• HTML, ASP, SQL Server, and Frontpage experience required
• Technical skills necessary to support Urban Science systems
• Microsoft Word, Access and Excel skills required
• Must have demonstrated a strong capability to program, preferably in VB or C++
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate PC and other office equipment. Must be able to present to individuals and groups.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job may require additional hours over the normal 40-hour workweek. The job requires little out of town travel.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.