To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data Savvy: Requires experience in integrating and leveraging disparate data sources.
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
- Math & Statistics: Requires the ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem; requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analyses
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Technical/Software: Requires the ability to understand and work with proprietary software tools & packages used by Urban Science
- Excellent Business Communication Skills: Verbal and Written
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
- Project Management: Project management skills strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts, define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress and report schedule variances and scope changes; requires the ability to follow established internal PMO procedures and present project conclusions to management; proficiency with MS Project preferred
- Budget/Finance: Ability to understand and interpret margins, revenues and cost sheets is strongly preferred
- Negotiation: Knowledge and understanding of pricing, scope, cost estimates and internal/external impacts is strongly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years related work experience required (8 years experience preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.