To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs to have a fundamental understanding of database concepts in order to complete client requests that fall outside of MarketSmarts® capabilities, which require gathering and manipulating data manually from multiple databases
- Needs to have a fundamental understanding of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas within cells, and/or filtering, sorting, and formatting data
- Knowledge of SQL is required. If candidate does not have minimum SQL knowledge, they must have some fundamental computer programming knowledge and skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and have dedication to meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- College level math skills and solid mathematical grounding required
- Skills to execute simple statistical analysis software programs and create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms
- Knowledge of basic descriptive statistics
- Knowledge of relational database fundamentals, including creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data, and manipulating data
- Strong commitment to the Urban Science Mission to provide state-of the art solutions to our customers’ problems worldwide, utilizing scientific problem solving tools and computer technology driven by real-world experiences
- Oral communication skills necessary to express ideas clearly to individuals and groups, including clients.
- Written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate ideas in a clear, concise manner at a level appropriate for the audience
- Ability to analyze problems and identify alternative solutions, applying appropriate Urban Science methodology
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Current enrollment in a Baccalaureate or Master’s program in a technical field (engineering, applied math, computer science, applied science, MIS, or other) at an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution is required
- Technical skills necessary to support Urban Science systems
- Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
- Knowledge of SQL required
- Must have demonstrated programming proficiency, preferably in .NET or C#
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.