To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred basic knowledge of:
- Microsoft SQL server or Oracle, basic networking systems and languages, Microsoft windows, IIS, FTP.
- Available computing and/or network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise preferred.
- Federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software
- Able to learn how to:
- Troubleshoot installations or implementations.
- Install, configure and maintain personal computers, and/or related hardware and software.
- Identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, assessing audience need and adjusting level of detail accordingly.
- Ability to write clear and concise work instructions using a defined template.
- Ability to work within defined processes.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently pursuing a Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience.
- Current Microsoft certifications preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.