To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to learn and use Urban Science’s Software Development Life Cycle with a focus on Software Configuration, Build, and Release Management.
- Documentation: Advanced skill in technical writing and documentation.
- Technical Knowledge: Advanced knowledge and experience with software configuration technologies used by Urban Science
- Experience with programming languages such as: C#, VB, Perl, or Java.
- Experience with scripting languages such as: CMD, Java Script, Perl, PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience creating automated SDLC processes, Continuous Delivery workflows, or web service application deployments, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Experience with industry standard Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery and Build tools.
- Database experience: Microsoft SQL Server required; Oracle, MongoDB or Maria desired.
- Strong familiarity with software engineering, software configuration management, and automated upgrades to n-tiered applications.
- Experience with industry standard Configuration Management tools.
- Capable of analyzing and creating solutions for complex code issues and optimal environment design.
- ITIL knowledge, especially in the areas of Release Management (RM) and Service Continuity Management (SCM).
- Time Management: Advanced skill in prioritizing competing demands and managing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Project Management: Strong understanding of project management principles and fundamentals (i.e., estimating work efforts, defining work plans, delegating, monitoring and reporting schedule variances and scope changes).
- Budgeting/Finance: Ability to budget, monitor, control and forecast labor hours and costs. Capable of managing a budget and forecasting hardware/software costs.
- Verbal Communication: Ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others. Includes the ability to comfortably present information to senior level management.
- Written Communication: Ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Results Oriented: Ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards.
- Ethics & Integrity: Ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner.
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Self-Control: Ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors.
- Information Seeking: Ability to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities.
- Initiative: Ability to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results.
- Quality Control: Ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy.
- Customer Service: Ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
- Conceptual Thinking: Ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a baccalaureate degree in a technical field (computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, etc.) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
- Must have a minimum of ten years relevant work experience.
- ITIL Certification required within 90 days of hire.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.