To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Documentation: Advanced skill in technical writing and documentation.
- Technical Knowledge: Advanced knowledge and experience with various technologies required for the specific role (i.e., Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server).
- Architecture/System Design: Advanced knowledge and experience with system/application design and installation capabilities.
- Time Management: Skilled in prioritizing competing demands and managing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Project Management: Understanding of project management principles and fundamentals (i.e., estimating work efforts, defining work plans, delegating, monitoring and reporting schedule variances and scope changes).
- Budgeting/Finance: Ability to gather and present cost analysis information to upper management.
- Verbal Communication: Ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others.
- Written Communication: Ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Results Oriented: Ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards.
- Ethics & Integrity: Ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner.
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Self-Control: Ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors.
- Information Seeking: Ability to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities.
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results.
- Quality Control: Skilled in monitoring and checking work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy.
- Customer Service: Ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
- Conceptual Thinking: Ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture.
- Interpersonal Understanding: Ability to understand other’s feelings and concerns, and to value individual differences in people.
- Self-Confidence: Ability to express confidence in dealing with challenging circumstances, in reaching decisions or forming opinions and in handling failures or set-backs constructively.
- Organizational Commitment: Ability and willingness to align his/her own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with both internal and external clients.
- Assertiveness: Ability and intent to appropriately display assertive behaviors to ensure others follow given directions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a baccalaureate degree in a technical field (computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, etc.) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
- Must have a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
- ITIL Certification required within 90 days of hire.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond a traditional 40-hour workweek.