Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
OVERVIEW:This position supports the delivery of client services on an account team. The Consultant is focused on both technical & client handling skills to execute high quality projects and assignments with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner. This position has more independence and customer relationship handling, over and above the Analyst role.
• With limited guidance, plans, organizes, develops and delivers client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
• Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
• Serves as a contact for, and develops relationships with, the client in order to assist in effectively responding to client requests and inquiries.
• Acquires and maintains a thorough understanding of client data for assigned projects in order to properly create client deliverables.
• Assumes responsibility for accurate and high quality data being utilized on assigned projects.
• Accurately performs application coding and testing functions associated with the development of custom client software.
• Tracks, processes, analyzes and verifies data in order to improve accuracy and quality.
• Use technical skills to accurately monitor, update and maintain Urban Science internal software systems.
• Attends project meetings in order to document meeting notes and stay up to date on project deliverables.
• Partners with internal teams to ensure that software is properly installed, set up and functioning at established quality levels.
• Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
• Coordinates with individuals or teams to complete analyses, tasks and projects on time and with high quality.
• Proactively communicates with management to provide updates and report issues in a timely manner.
• Actively works with manager to understand and implement solutions to improve NPS (client satisfaction).
• Actively supports and participates in required Urban Science training programs to achieve targeted development objectives.
• Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and performance review in a timely manner.
• Provides training and coaching to Analysts as directed and assumes responsibility for reviewing the accuracy and quality of their work.
• Works with manager to prioritize other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others
• Written Communication: Requires the ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure
• Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
• Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
• Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner
• Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
• Self-Control: Requires the ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors
• Information Seeking: Requires the drive to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities
• Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
• Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
• Customer Service: Requires the ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs
• Flexibility/Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives
• Conceptual Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture
• Interpersonal Understanding: Requires the ability to understand other’s feelings and concerns, and to value individual differences in people
• Self-Confidence: Requires the ability to express confidence in dealing with challenging circumstances, in reaching decisions or forming opinions and in handling failures or set-backs constructively
• Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers
• Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
• Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses, create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
• MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access
• Technical/Software: Must have demonstrated programming proficiency at the minimum requirement for the role (programming proficiency varies by role and my not be required in certain roles. For those roles where programming proficiency is needed, typical programming languages used may include .NET, VBA, C#, SQL, Java, HTML, SSIS and Open Source)
• Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required
• Sales & Business Development: Ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management is required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role
• Minimum of 2 years related work experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certification of Apprentice for one practice area preferred (or external equivalent)
• Project Management Ambassador
• Urban Science Ambassador
• Statistics 1 & Basic Statistics Assessment (or external equivalent)
• Intro to Operations Research (or external equivalent)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.