To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Documentation: Ability to create detailed documentation in a standardized format and follow detailed documentation instructions.
- Technical Knowledge: Basic knowledge of various technologies required for the specific role (i.e., Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange).
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Verbal Communication: Ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others.
- Written Communication: Ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Results Oriented: Ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards.
- Ethics & Integrity: Ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner.
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Self-Control: Ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors.
- Information Seeking: Ability to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities.
- Initiative: Ability to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results.
- Quality Control: Ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy.
- Customer Service: Ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
- Organizational Commitment: Ability and willingness to align his/her own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a baccalaureate degree in a technical field (computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, etc.) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or equivalent foreign institution.
- One to three years of related work experience preferred.
- ITIL Certification required within 90 days of hire.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond a traditional 40-hour workweek.