To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others
- Written Communication: Requires the ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Self-Control: Requires the ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors
- Information Seeking: Requires the drive to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
- Customer Service: Requires the ability to understand and help/assist both internal and external customers and meet their needs
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives
- Conceptual Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture
- Interpersonal Understanding: Requires the ability to understand otherâ€™s feelings and concerns, and to value individual differences in people
- Self-Confidence: Requires the ability to express confidence in dealing with challenging circumstances, in reaching decisions or forming opinions and in handling failures or set-backs constructively
- Organizational Commitment: Requires the ability and willingness to align his/her own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization
- Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers.
- Assertiveness: Requires the ability and intent to appropriately display assertive behaviors to ensure others follow and comply with given directions
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge of relational database management, including, creating and executing queries, creating scripts, importing/exporting data and manipulating data; knowledge and experience with SQL is required
- Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses, create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Technical/Software: Must have demonstrated programming proficiency at the minimum requirement for the role (programming proficiency varies by role and my not be required in certain roles. For those roles where programming proficiency is needed, typical programming languages used may include .NET, VBA, C#, SQL, Java, HTML, SSIS and Open Source)
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required
- Sales & Business Development: Ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management is required
- Project Management: Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and fundamentals is strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience required (6 years experience preferred) fpr Sr. Consutlant level. Two to four years considered for Consultant level.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certification of Apprentice for one practice area required (or external equivalent)
- Certification of Consultant in one Practice area OR Certification of Apprentice in two practice areas strongly preferred (or external equivalent)
- Project Management Ambassador
- Urban Science Ambassador
- Statistics 1 & Basic Statistics Assessment (or external equivalent)
- Intro to Operations Research (or external equivalent)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.