Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
Dedicated to servicing multiple client accounts and growing the business by ensuring strong client relationships and developing and selling additional Urban Science solutions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contributes directly to the company’s growth and diversification efforts by developing client relationships that result in the delivery of additional Urban Science solutions.
• Interacts with clients to provide consulting advice, design and present proposals, negotiate agreements, renew contracts, assist with decision making and manage expectations
• Maintains effective communications with Urban Science Managing Directors, Global Account Executives and the Product Development Group to ensure proper alignment of company resources with client needs
• Works with Managing Directors, Global Account Executives and Product Development to establish on-going strategic plans and business goals for the designated client
• Assesses competitive conditions and make written quarterly assessments and recommendations to the product planning group regarding existing product improvements and new product specifications necessary to: (a) maintain “best product” status, (b) satisfy client requirements, (c) achieve the corporate diversification goals
• Other duties as assigned
Responsible for all aspects of supervision of selected staff, to include:, assigning and prioritizing work activities, performance management, compensation management, developing employee skills and abilities, providing career guidance, and supporting company policies and processes. Manage and motivate a team of direct reports to execute and deliver client projects that result in the renewal of existing contracts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proven ability to develop client relationships that result in continuous business and the renewal of long term contracts.
• Knowledge of programming and applications such as Microsoft Office, Visual Basic, SQL, and Urban Science proprietary software
• In depth knowledge of Urban Science products and solutions
• Knowledge of automotive industry, including current trends, competition, and client operations
• Ability to manage complex or multiple projects and to motivate people to ensure satisfied clients and profitability
• Oral communication skills necessary to build consensus and resolve difficult situations diplomatically
• Written communication skills necessary to develop effective proposals and complex documents
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and the local area language required
• Presentation skills required to enable the development and delivery of formal presentations and the ability to convey ideas persuasively to both internal and external customers
• Sales and business development skills required
• Strong negotiation skills required to engage in formal negotiations
• Ability to anticipate and overcome obstacles to proposed solutions and to obtain buy-in of proposed solutions from impacted stakeholders
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a combination of education and experience as follows:
• Must have a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience plus hold a baccalaureate degree in engineering, applied math, computer engineering, applied science, MIS or other technical degree, from an accredited U.S. college, university or equivalent foreign institution. May accept a business degree or other non-technical degree with demonstrated analytical and mathematical problem solving skills.
• Must have a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience plus hold a master’s degree in business, engineering, applied math, computer engineering, applied science, MIS or other technical degree, from an accredited U.S. college, university or equivalent foreign institution. May accept a business degree or other non-technical degree with demonstrated analytical and mathematical problem solving skills
• Other technical degrees may be considered if complemented by demonstrated interest and ability to apply scientific knowledge to solve practical business problems and proficiency in quantitative analysis
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Urban Science certification of Consultant in all practice areas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate PC and other office equipment. Must be able to present to individuals and groups.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job may require additional hours beyond a traditional 40-hour workweek. The job requires little out of town travel.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.