To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Employment Law: Strong knowledge and applicability of state and federal or local employment laws and their application
- HR Policy: Strong knowledge and applicability of HR policies, procedures and practices
- Budgeting/Finance: Ability to analyze and interpret budgets and ability to understand and interpret internal financial concepts (i.e., revenue, profit, NOC, NPBBT, etc.)
- Verbal Communication: Ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues (e.g., eye contact, facial expressions, body movement) to achieve desired communication results, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others.
- Written Communication: Ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
- Concern for Order, Quality and Accuracy: Ability and drive to reduce uncertainty in the surrounding environment by monitoring and checking work, information, and insisting on clarity of roles and functions, as well as setting up and maintaining systems of information; exceptional attention to detail required.
- Assertiveness: Ability and intent to appropriately display assertive behaviors to ensure others comply with his/her direction given (includes knowing when and how to be assertive).
- Strategic Influence & Negotiation: Intention and ability to persuade, convince, and influence others in order to gain support to achieve specific goals/tasks, complete a project, or meet organizational objectives.
- Developing & Coaching Others: Intention and ability to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance.
Must possess a combination of education and experience as follows:
- University degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field of study required
- 5-8 years of previous HR work experience
- Fluency in French or Italian would be a plus
- Previous management experience would be advantageous
Previous experience with performance management and applicant tracking systems required (i.e., iCIMS, Halogen).