- Client facing experience required (Automotive OEM client experience strongly preferred) including excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience in effectively and accurately communicating or translating client requirements/business needs to technical staff including analytical data driven or technical related concepts
- Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers
- Sales & Business Development skills including ability to identify potential new opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to Managing Director, requires knowledge and understanding of sales and business development processes
- Negotiation: Requires strong formal negotiation skills including the ability to explain and justify pricing, scope, cost estimates, as well as internal and external impacts; must be able to develop strong positive relationships; successful completion and application of a negotiation training/program is strongly preferred
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Project Management: Requires full responsibility for the delivery of multiple, concurrent account projects that are on time, within budget and at high quality
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Team Leadership: Requires the ability to effectively take a role as leader of a team or department with a desire to help the group achieve business related outcomes
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Database: Requires the ability to understand database concepts related to Urban Science products/solutions
- Math & Statistics: Requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analysis
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role; Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience required (13+ years experience preferred).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.