To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others
- Written Communication:Requires the ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Conceptual Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation or problem by putting the different pieces together to see the bigger picture.
- Information Seeking: Requires the drive to gain a deeper understanding of work related issues or events by making a concerted effort to gather information and seek out development opportunities
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives
- Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Self-Confidence: Requires the ability to express confidence in dealing with challenging circumstances, in reaching decisions or forming opinions and in handling failures or set-backs constructively
- Organizational Commitment: Requires the ability and willingness to align his/her own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization
- Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
- Self-Control: Requires the ability to keep emotions under control and to restrain from negative actions or behaviors
- Quality Control: Requires the ability to monitor and check work related information and deliverables ensuring high quality and accuracy
- Customer Service Oriented: Requires the ability to follow up on a client inquiry, request or complaint by taking routine or required action and will keep the client up to date on progress of tasks/projects/requests.
- Interpersonal Understanding: Requires the ability to understand other’s feelings and concerns, and to value individual differences in people
- Organization & Time Management: Requires the ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Project Management: Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and fundamentals is strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts
- Relationship Building: Requires the ability to effectively build and maintain friendly, warm relationships or networks of contacts with clients/customers
- Database: Requires working knowledge of relational database concepts, gathering and manipulating data manually; knowledge and experience with SQL is required.
- Math & Statistics: Requires extensive knowledge of a statistical modeling language (SAS, R, Python); requires formal education/training in advanced analytical modeling techniques, mathematics, statistics, or econometrics. Requires knowledge of forecasting techniques such as ARIMA, ESM, UCM, ARCH/GARCH, state space and similar modeling.
- Technical/Software: Requires knowledge and understanding of programming in SAS, R and/or Python language, preferably SAS & SAS/ETS. Experience with data mining package (e.g. SAS Enterprise Miner, Enterprise Guide) strongly preferred.
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; intermediate knowledge of MS Word, and PowerPoint is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in an appropriate technical or analytical field required (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution
- Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Requires 2+ years experience building and implementing advanced analytical models
- Requires experience implementing models in complex industry applications
- Experience with data mining, machine learning concepts and techniques required
- Experience with Python, R, and/or SAS programming required
- Experience with SAS/ETS or other econometric, time-series software packages required
- Experience with SQL programming required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- SAS Basic Programming Certification preferred
- SAS Advanced Programming Certification preferred
- SAS Base Predictive Modeling Certification preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.