KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to learn and use Urban Science’s Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to learn and apply Agile development practices.
- Familiarity with tools such as Visual Studio.NET, SQL Server, Nunit, TFS.
- Identification and application of MVC and standard OOP/OOD
- NET and Entity Relational Modeling including SQL Server database design and implementation experience, Visual Studio Database Project, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Views, Object-Relational Mapping tools, and Stored Procedures.
- C#, .NET Framework along with basic knowledge of IIS
- Web service experience (or desire and ability to learn WCF, SAML).
- Basic understanding of ETL (extract, transform, and load).
- Able to break down requirements into smaller tasks for more accurate estimations using given requirements and existing conceptual design.
- Ability to independently review requirements and write design documents.
- Ability to write test cases and specifications, execute some performance testing, automate tests.
- Requires ability to:
- Understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way.
- Analyze requirements to determine how applications function, in order to build effective designs and tests.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and/or customers.
- Work cooperatively with others and be part of a team.
- Behave in a trustworthy and transparent manner.
- Monitor and check work deliverables ensuring high quality, accuracy and having a strong attention to detail.
- Compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels. Communicate ideas, facts and data in writing.
- Prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development and testing methodologies (performance/load testing, scaffolding development, interactive development, configuration management).
- Experience with databases, programming languages, and product development processes.
- SQL and MS .NET Certifications preferred.