To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thought Leadership: Requires ability to apply Urban Science methodologies and new ideas to the client’s mission critical problems to help them drive business
- Data Savvy: Requires experience in integrating and leveraging disparate data sources.
- Database: Requires demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with data & analytic tools such as SQL with an emphasis on data manipulation, automation, validation, creating analytic datasets, and reporting
- Math & Statistics: Requires the ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem; requires basic descriptive statistics knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret statistical analyses
- MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas and utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; requires intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Access; knowledge and experience with Visio preferred
- Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results
- Developing & Coaching: Requires the ability, desire and intent to teach and foster the development and long-term capability of one or more employees by providing coaching, direction and feedback to enhance performance
- Time Management: Requires strong capability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and run meetings on schedule
- Project Management: Project management skills strongly preferred, including the ability to estimate work efforts, define work plans, delegate work, monitor progress and report schedule variances and scope changes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience required (7+ years’ experience preferred)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.