- Acts as a strategic business partner and ensures that HR tasks are aligned with and fully supporting the needs of the business, including but not limited to, active involvement in business meetings, organizational planning sessions, budgeting meetings and labor planning.
- Partners closely with management and employees to help improve work relationships and resolve work related problems, as well as create strategies to increase morale, productivity and retention in order to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Advises business leaders on organizational design, including but not limited to, evolution and development plans of the organizational structure and change management plans.
- Partners with and advises business leaders regarding eNPS (internal employee satisfaction), including but not limited to, survey results analysis, creation of action plans, presentation of action plans, and carrying out and updating action plans in order to effectively address areas of concern for employees and increase overall employee satisfaction.
- Partners with the business by providing the necessary resources and guidance to manage the development of employees, including but not limited to, coaching on performance reviews, performance management plans, goal setting, career ladders, career plans and the systems and tools utilized for these processes.
- Partners with and advises business management regarding performance management counsel to employees, including but not limited to, coaching, counseling, performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions.
- Partners with the recruiting team (if applicable) and hiring managers to develop pro-active staffing and recruiting strategies that result in the selection and hiring of Best-in-Class employees, including but not limited to, job analysis, job posting, utilization of applicant tracking system (iCIMS), candidate assessment, selection, generating and delivering offers, and post-hire activities (in some offices/regions where is there is no recruiter, the HR Manager is fully responsible for recruitment activities).
- Responsible for facilitating the local and global relocation activities by coordinating the planning, execution and monitoring of activities for employees transferring between offices.
- Partners with external legal counsel to manage the immigration needs of employees, including but not limited to visa renewals, expatriation assignments, and green card processes.
Employee Relations & Employment Law:
- Facilitates the resolution of employee relations issues in partnership with business management.
- Responsible for conducting thorough and objective HR investigations in a timely manner.
- Abides by all local and national employment laws and advises business management on employee related legal and policy matters including, but not limited to, equal employment opportunity, harassment, disability, leave laws, wage laws, etc. Will refer matters outside of one’s scope to a Sr. HR Manager or legal counsel.
- Ensures all employment actions are in compliance with company standards and local/national laws.
- Responsible for managing the separation process including employee terminations, separation paperwork and exit interviews.
- Partners with business leadership and in conjunction with Corporate Finance, to complete annual labor budgets, workforce plans, bonus, merit, equity and promotion recommendations.
- Partners with Corporate HR to ensure local compensation practices are aligned with the needs of the business and competitive with the local market.
- Partners with Corporate HR in reviewing and recommending local benefit strategies that provide competitive benefit packages to attract and retain Best-In-Class employees.
- Ensures benefit programs are administrated in a timely and high quality fashion. Benefit programs may include: health insurance, life and disability insurance, car allowance, tuition reimbursement, retirement programs, local social insurance programs, flexible spending programs and others (benefit programs differ by location/geography).
- Partners with the Learning team and the business to assist in identifying, creating and/or delivering learning programs that fit business needs.
- Partners with the Learning team and the business to support Certification Program activities within the local office that results in achieving the targeted certification goals.
- Partners with the Learning team in providing employee support in the utilization of the internal web-based training system (Urban Science University).
- Responsible for reviewing and updating job descriptions, compensation bands, and titles within a particular business function to ensure accuracy and alignment with corporate standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate and complete human resource records, including but not limited to, personnel records, time-off schedules, turnover data, training records, etc. Submits appropriate documents to the Corporate HR office in a timely manner (activities vary by office/region).
- Manages and oversees the new hire orientation process ensuring that new employees are welcomed, educated and guided appropriately at Urban Science (may include the following: pre-employment paperwork, post-employment paperwork, new hire orientations, local office/team orientations and new hire lunches; activities vary by office/region).
- Responsible for the administration of local employee based programs (may include the following: recognition program, wellness program, employee team building activities, etc.; activities vary by office/region).
- Advises Corporate HR of changes in local employment laws and provides updates to the Employee Handbook when necessary.
May have management responsibilities of HR or administrative staff which would include all aspects of RSTMM (recruit, select, train, manage, motivate) including the following:
- Interviewing & selection
- Setting objectives
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Assigning and prioritizing work
- Approval of timesheets
- Establish and maintain quality, quantity and timeliness of work
- Employee development, career planning and promotions
- Oversee training
- Coach, mentor, manage and motivate
- Interpret and carry out established corporate policy, including disciplinary procedures